We combine science with technology. We have created a complete, independent and fully secure PayEye ecosystem, consisting of proprietary eyePOS payment devices, a mobile application for users and algorithms that process the iris and face into a biometric pattern. PayEye is not only technology that allows biometric payments, it is also about offering faster payments in e-commerce and the PayEye Zone, which you will get to know soon.
Biometrics, as a science, is a closely related field to biology, encompassing a set of methods to identify or confirm a person’s identity using their biological characteristics – be they anatomical features or behavioural traits.
Using expertise from many areas of mathematics and computer science, such as information theory, statistics and image processing, experts are able to create algorithms that can identify a person with high probability among large populations without error. Nowadays, fast and accurate identity confirmation is crucial for the efficient delivery of many services.
At the same time, we face numerous risks, such as the risk of identity and document theft, having to remember many complicated passwords, PINs, or wearing ID badges. Biometrics, whereby our own biological characteristics can be both an identifier and a password, is becoming the natural answer to these challenges. There is no future for digital services without biometrics.
The company has brought solutions from the future into everyday life. “The direction of biometrics within every industry will soon be a natural one. The pandemic has made consumers look for more convenient and secure technology – also within the payment sector. Similar expectations are held by entrepreneurs, who are paying more attention to the security of both their own staff and their customers. An additional advantage is time saving, as the entire transaction process can be significantly accelerated. Biometrics also has the advantage of supporting strong user authentication. Already today, it can be seen that biometric solutions in addition to payments can be used much more widely – in our everyday life, for example, as a form of access to premises or warehouses, confirmation of contracts, decision-making or identification of individuals.
- Work started on our new Project
- We started to put the team together
- We created our first biometric Algorithm
- We built our first payment terminal eyePOS 1.0
- E-wallet and management centre created
- The Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF) granted us a Small Payment Institution licence
- We received a grant from the National Centre for Research & Development, of 10,702,859.72 PLN, POIR.01.01-00-1082/19
- 24.06.2020 We launch in Poland, world’s first commercial eye payment, realised in Wrocław.
- Sushi Naka Naka, the first location with payments by eye
- First Biometric studies carried out by PayEye
- We obtained a grant from PARP (Go to Brand) of 394 060.00 PLN, POIR.03.03-02-0005/20
- Implemented our mobile app
- (New Horizons Cinema) Our 150 retail partner
- Start of preparations for the implementation phase of the new eyePOS 2.0 device and the new application
- Fuzja biometrii twarzy i oka
- Fusion Biometrics of the Iris and Face
- Global launch of the PayEye solution, at the Gitex Technology Week in Dubai
- Two new office locations in Amsterdam and Dubai
- Development of new eyePOS features
- Development of the PayEye Zone marketing – sales platform
- Work started on the implementation of e-papeye
- Commercial launch of PayEye 2.0
You often hear about unauthorised card payments, PayEye’s technology solves this problem – we support biometric payments by providing a wallet solution to add a payment card in the PayEye 2.0 app, where card payments are confirmed with face and eye biometrics.
We are the first in the world to use the fusion of face and eye biometrics, which provides double security for processed transactions.